Thursday, July 20, 2006

Amma - The Hugging Saint

Today I was reminded of a simple exercise that can uplift and change the direction of our thoughts, thus potentially changing the future outcome of our reality. I viewed the web site of Amma who has inspired millions on her journey. She is considered a hugging saint.

Amma's states, "Within you, there is a wellspring of love. Tap that source in the right way and the shakthi (energy) of divine love will fill your heart, expanding endlessly within you."

http://www.amma.org

Yesterday I went to meet a friend at Starbucks for conversation and a cool drink. I changed my clothes four times before deciding on an aquamarine pants and top. Upon entering the store, a woman seated at a table, looked up at me and commented on my outfit. She absolutely loved the color, thus this lead to a 45 minute conversation of our mutual love of the tropics, spirit, healing and peacemaking. When I looked at this woman, it's like I could see to the depth of her soul. When she got up to leave she came over to me and asked if she could give me a hug. We embraced like old friends and family would. I smiled and knew this was one of those special synchronistic moments that will always be etched in my heart. I see a "wink" coming in, and the cosmos smiling.

"A HUG A DAY, DIRECTS OUR PLAY"

No comments: