Sunday, October 15, 2006

INDIGO CHILDREN: The New Kids Have Arrived



INDIGO CHILDREN: The New Kids Have Arrived

Author: Carroll, Lee & Tober, Jan
Publisher: HayH
From the cover?The Indigo Child is a boy or girl who displays a new and unusual set of psychological attributes, revealing a pattern of behavior generally undocumented before. This pattern has singularly unique factors that call for parents and teachers to change their treatment and upbringing of these kids to assist them in achieving balance and harmony in their lives, and to help them avoid frustration. In this groundbreaking book, the authors answer many of the often puzzling questions surrounding Indigo Children.

Last night while driving home I discovered a new Home Decor store had opened nearby. I was just thinking the other day, how much I enjoy looking at all the new creations of beauty the artists bring to us. Today I felt guided to check it out. The store was beautiful, serene and a very nice man (part owner with his wife) behind the counter was engaging me in conversation. He had just announced that the day before his wife gave birth to their first child, a little girl whom they named Lily. From there our conversation went to health insurance, his own medical history that he maintains by using natural remedies, and then the mention of Chocolate and magnesium. He said that his wife was given magnesium IV for her high blood pressure. I then related what I wrote earlier today about magnesium helping with muscle spasms. He said he had been eating a lot of chocolate the past few days and that is something that he normally doesn't do. He sheepishly held up a bag of chocolate that was next to him and half was gone. He figured it was his emotions creating the urge. I suggested lots of chocolate for the next year while pulling those all nighters with the baby. :-)

At some point I mentioned to him a book that he may be interested in reading since bi-polar disorder had been diagnosed in his family. The book is entitled, "The Indigo Children," by Lee Carroll and Jan Tober. In it they also gave suggestions on nutrition, since many children who are diagnosed as ADD or ADHD benefit from changes in their diet. I believe I read recently that a state in the Midwest now requires this book to be read by all teachers. While I was thinking of this book today, I decided to include it here today as a reference source.

No comments: