Friday, November 17, 2006

The Effortless Juggler TGIF :-)


Starting off this Friday morning, I opened an email from Carrie Hart and enjoyed her article entitled, "The Effortless Juggler." Some weeks I have no problem handling all these balls, then whamo hits and it's not always easy to keep them floating without getting smacked a few times. The song, "Catch a Falling Star and Put it in Your Pocket" plays in my head now. Mmmm - got to get me some pants with more pockets! :-) Have a TGIF day and keep your balls rolling and flying!

Sometimes you have many balls in the air and you are nervous because you are unsure which things in your life will work out and which ones require attention. And the tension and anxiety in your life can come simply from that, anticipation of possible problems, worry that you will not be able to respond as you need to, fear that all of the balls will come tumbling down at once.

Today, rather than worrying about the various balls you have in the air, learn to have a lighter touch with your life. Focus on the one or two balls that actually require your attention this moment, then keep them all moving, toss them back up in to the mix, take a little breather between balls and then focus on the next one. And while they are in the air, hold them up with faith, with belief that you will be able to handle what comes your way in life, through a combination of your own capabilities and the help that is there for you, surrounding you, ever and always.

If you try to control all the balls that are in the air, then you may drop the one that is passing through your hand at the moment, and that is the only one that actually requires your attention. Success lies in what you do with the ball that you are touching now, how you launch it properly back up into the sky, then open to the next one that is coming down even now and give it your focus.

If you allow yourself to be overwhelmed by the possibility of not handling one of the balls, then your tension and lack of focus may get you out of harmony with the entire juggling act.

So think of yourself in this way. Picture how effortless being a juggler actually is. And every so often, you will be able to toss a ball completely out of the mix, having dispensed with it completely. And every so often a new one is tossed in. Just handle it all in good grace, with rhythm, relaxation, a very light and easy touch and absolute belief in yourself.

You are up to the task of living your life. Allow yourself to find an effortless harmony, in that ultimate state of relaxed awareness, conscious of everything, but in a highly relaxed manner. You will be amazed at how many balls you can keep in the air when you begin to adopt the juggler attitude.

Here is a little prayer for today

I handle my life easily, effortlessly, with a light and easy touch, with harmony and rhythm. It all feels easy to me and the air around me is full of faith. I live and breathe faith, and as I do so, my life gets easier and easier.

I believe completely in my own abilities. I believe also that I am surrounded by help and a deep abiding love. Love and faith sustain me.

I am power and love. I am faith. I am.

(Picture by Leslie Zuereb at Art.com)

No comments: