Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Prayer that Spoke to Me

Prayer of the Bodhisattva

Alone, in the presence of others, I walk through the waking dream of life.

Others see me.

At the first sight of recognition, they turn away; for they have forgotten.

Together, through the waking dream of Life, we journey.

May the clarity of my vision guide your life in grace, for I am a part of you.

May my action remind you of your God within, my action is your action.

May my breath become the breath that fills your body with life.

May my soul become the food with which to nourish and quicken you.

May the words from my mouth find a place of truth within your heart.

Let my tears become the water to your lips.

Allow my love to heal your body of the pain of life.

In your most healed state, may you remember your most precious gift;
your divine nature.

Through our time together, may you know yourself.

In that knowing, may you find your true home, your God within.

(This prayer can be found at Sancta Divina newsletter.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely; thanks for posting it, Kristi. Hope you're having a lovely summer.
We're still dry and windy, but the days are beautiful.