Tuesday, July 22, 2008

These Boots are Made for Walking



Sunday's Sermon on the Pavement

Life has a way of giving us those small twists and turns that take us to our knees! What started out as a beautiful sunny day, ended with a six hour stint in the local ER room of our hospital.

The morning began with a comment from my mouth, that perhaps I needed a new car as the one I was driving didn't feel safe. I got the look from family like, "What's your problem?" Somewhere deep inside me though, the feeling that makes one's stomach contract, the message to this scribe was trying it's best to give me heads up on the red flag or 911 alert. Sunday while being left alone to my own devices for entertainment, I decided to hop into my car and take a short drive.

Everything was going fine until I headed the car back home. I had just crossed over the Cumberland Bridge that recently had some repair work done to it, as the landslides that occur frequently put stress on it. When crossing it, the "Sign of the Cross" often comes to mind with a short prayer for protection, as the thought of a long plunge into the cold waters below often makes me cringe. :-)

I was heading back up the hill when the power seemed to be giving out and the car was slowing down to a crawl. I managed to get it off the road but in a very dangerous place to park as the cars were whizzing by me. This dream I was dreaming up, was now turning into a nightmare. It was nearly 15 years ago when my last car gave out at nearly this exact spot during an electrical storm. I now believe that spot needs some energy clearing! It not only put my car out of commission, but took me down with it!

Back to the story........I called AAA and they sent me a tow truck. Not feeling safe sitting in the car thinking a rear end collision wouldn't feel very good, I decided to get out and wait at a safer place out of harms way. It was then the flip-flops on my feet did not support the soft shoulder of the road, and down I went turning my left foot and creating a most unbecoming pavement rash tattoo to my right leg. The tow truck driver was so apologetic for not getting to me sooner and offered to drive me to the hospital. I declined as we got back to my house and hobbled then to another vehicle and drove myself to the hospital.

Now having been to the ER several times recently while taking a family member in, I knew what I was heading into. One often feels like they must have landed on another planet! We won't go into the perceptions that came to mind concerning animalistic behavior of others, but when the ER doctor came into my room, closed the curtain and sat on the bed saying, "He was hiding," I knew how he felt. A few minutes earlier he encountered the same mean bruiser drunk I had witnessed yelling at his wife earlier. If I hadn't been sitting in a wheelchair and unable to walk, I might have given him a few sermon on the pavement words that were coming to mind. Instead I called in the white light to surround and protect all of us!

Six hours later after x-ray's and bandaged up, with new boot on foot and recently tanned leg now minus the brown skin clothed in white gauze, I am on my way back home! For those of you who may not have a nice walk in shower with seat to sit on, I am viewing the ice chest recently purchased as a make shift stool to sit on. Hopefully today I will be able to put it to use as I can smell myself. The mini clean yesterday just didn't cut it. These episodes usually assist us in thinking of others who have physical problems that are life long and helps us to give thanks when ours are short-term.

When viewing the video of Matt dancing that I posted earlier today, I realized my feet may not be moving, but my arms and heart were dancing with the rhythm of the beat. One of the last things I remember looking at while in the hospital was the phone that was in the room. When I got up my eyes went to the little numbers that were posted and the first thing I saw was 911. I saw those numbers the other day on the clock and knew something was coming in......a little message to be prepared, but never an inkling as to how it's going to show up.

I am now grounded for a while and will do my best to go with the flow. My friend who is a nurse on the East Coast sent me this quote today that she had just read, "You will instead begin to recognize Alpha, Theta, and even Delta, brainwaves as your normal state of consciousness, and your Multidimensional SELF will feel like YOU! When this occurs, you will have to pay special attention to your physical earth vessel. If it is not strengthened to fit your expanding mind you will suffer symptoms of transformation in whichever area of your body is your weakest link." Now that was an interesting message and seemed to fit - the physical is always the last to come on board!

The next time the Firemen are out holding the boot for $$$ for those 911 calls, I will remember how important the ankle support is to all of our foundation. A big thank you to all the Earth Angels who came to my rescue!

(Follow up 2 hours later....my daughter came over to help me and she picked up the discharge papers from the hospital. I glanced at them and then my eye went to the bottom of the page and it said, "Printed at 9:11.10." Yup - another synchronicity.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, here's some more synchronicity for you:
We just got back from our own ER. Joel had a little chest pain scare around noon today.
All is well, as near as we can tell and we will see her doctor tomorrow morning.
Thanks for posting the 'Matt' video; I so enjoy watching him, especially since he's now involving others.
Be well, dear. We'll hold you up in the light! :)