Thursday, May 11, 2006

Accordion to my books..... :-)



Music and the keys to life's theme, seem to be part of this weeks ramblings. I am often amused as I reflect on the outward physical creations we make for our lives such as the accordion seen here, as to how it reflects or mirrors back to us, how we too are an instrument, complete with bellows that go in and out, playing different notes and finding the right chord to accompany the harmony and pitch that reflects who we are.

Each person seems to have his or her own rhythm and beat, along with the key or keys that they enjoying playing in. As I watched a recent yoga video demonstration on a yoga position called the spinal flex, there was a woman flexing her spine backward and forward, breathing in and out really fast, and suddenly it dawned on me that she looked like an accordion. Our bodies are truly amazing in every sense of the cells, molecules and atoms. We are our own universe that is constantly pushing and pulling, expanding and contracting, and those folds are forever moving in and out.

This morning I had some time to catch a few TV shows while ironing - or pressing out the garments of my life. Sometimes, wrinkles are okay, then days less wrinkles are called for. The two shows, "The Today Show" and "Live with Regis and Kelli," also contained the music theme. The first one had a little "5" year old Music Prodigy on playing a trumpet. I can honestly say he "BLEW ME AWAY." The way it was discussed by the hosts and an adult horn blower himself, this has never been before seen. The next show featured a woman from last year who was recognized for teaching music to children for free. She would donate her time and often her own financial resources to furnish instruments to all children who so desired to learn and play music. Since then over 700 children have signed up for their free music instruction. This beautiful music lady was gifted with $30,000 of instruments from the show and from what they said was that all year long people have been sending her theirs to share.

In every fiber of my being, I know that music assists in our own healing and personal evolution. The children are showing us over and over that they desire music classes, instead of the nonsense equipment and toys we supply them with to program them more fully into becoming robots of society. By healing their inner energy centers with the vibrations and tones these instruments provide, we are helping them to discover their real essence and self-worth. For those who do not wish to learn a musical instrument, then I would encourage you to try a few yoga classes, where your own body becomes the instrument.

Todays story of the music lady from Canada, flashed me back to a dream I had several years ago. I can remember sitting around a table with other adults who were discussing issues that were only self-serving and materialistic in value. I watched as a young boy sat in the corner by himself, and his only desire was to learn music. I then remember going over to the boy and saying, "I will not only teach you music free of charge, but I will teach all who wish to learn free of charge." To see this on TV today and a remarkable woman from Canada doing this, makes we wonder how many of us dream together?

As I mentioned over at Laura's blog today, that a good composer will insert "Rests" into their composition, for after all that outward movement, we need to come back together and integrate all that we have learned.

And.........so on that note.........I'm out of here and ready for my upcoming rest!

Thanks for the memories is streaming through......got to check out the lines.
Music written for Bob Hope ..... may the memories we have and share, give all of us HOPE for a very BRIGHT/LIGHT of a future. (Might know Bob Hope would show up ---"Bob thanks for all those giggles you gave us.")

I now saw the word Accord ion like this and if we take it apart and research each word we find something like this....

Accord -
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French acorder, from (assumed) Vulgar Latin accordare, from Latin ad- + cord-, cor heart -- more at HEART
transitive senses
1 : to bring into agreement : RECONCILE
2 : to grant or give especially as appropriate, due, or earned
intransitive senses
1 archaic : to arrive at an agreement 2 obsolete : to give consent
3 : to be consistent or in harmony : AGREE

ion
Main Entry: ion
Function: noun
Pronunciation: 'ī-&n, 'ī-"än
Etymology: Greek, neuter of iOn, present participle of ienai to go -- more at ISSUE
1 : an atom or group of atoms that carries a positive or negative electric charge as a result of having lost or gained one or more electrons
2 : a charged subatomic particle (as a free electron)

WOW - no wonder this taught me about life!

I used to sing, "Make me an Instrument of your Peace" - now I think I really understand the accordion!

Bob Hope's trademark tune wasn't written by him—it was penned by composer Ralph Rainger and lyricist Leo Robin for Hope's first feature film, "The Big Broadcast of 1938."

The song was an instant hit and won the pair the Academy Award for best song.

"Thanks For The Memory"

Thanks for the memory
Of candlelight and wine, castles on the Rhine
The Parthenon and moments on the Hudson River Line
How lovely it was!

Thanks for the memory
Of rainy afternoons, swingy Harlem tunes
And motor trips and burning lips and burning toast and prunes
How lovely it was!

Many's the time that we feasted
And many's the time that we fasted
Oh, well, it was swell while it lasted
We did have fun and no harm done

And thanks for the memory
Of sunburns at the shore, nights in Singapore
You might have been a headache but you never were a bore
So thank you so much.

Thanks for the memory
Of sentimental verse, nothing in my purse
And chuckles when the preacher said "For better or for worse"
How lovely it was

Thanks for the memory
Of lingerie with lace, Pilsner by the case
And how I jumped the day you trumped my one-and-only ace
How lovely it was!

We said goodbye with a highball
Then I got as "high" as a steeple
But we were intelligent people
No tears, no fuss, Hooray! For us

So, thanks for the memory
And strictly entre-nous, darling how are you?
And how are all the little dreams that never did come true?
Aw'flly glad I met you, cheerio, and toodle-oo

And thank you so much

No comments: