Thursday, March 02, 2006

Someday's are Diamonds - Someday's are DAMP

Life in the fast lane......NOT! Each day I tell myself to be in the NOW, for this moment is all there is. The office that I work out of has been undergoing some major leak problems. We have an absent landlord who can never be found. The building has undergone foreclosure twice and once again we may be facing eviction. The maintenance guy has no money to fix the problems, and I would say probably little incentive or motivation at this stage of the game and I don't blame him.

I have spent the past two weeks preparing for a class I am to teach this coming Sunday. A few days ago I ran off hundreds of copy materials and had them in my office laid out to compile at a later date. It was a few hours later when I had this nagging feeling to go down there and get those papers in binders. Well, thank God for intuition 101, because the next day I had a very wet room with a major leak coming from the ceiling. This is the second time in a month this has happened and today it was still leaking. I am really get a test in patience........passing so far, but......everyone has a limit.

Then the guy who moved into the office next to me a couple months ago, who duly informed me on our very first meeting that he doesn't believe in what I do (Reiki), that he is very conservative, an Evangelist and was at one time in medical school. Whew - nice to share! He has been after my office to claim as his own because it has an adjoining door and he needs more room. DAH!!!!!!!!!! I think he fully expects me to relocate. I showed him the pail full of rusty water that has been collecting for a few days now - don't know if that deterred him or not. He then proceeded to look at the stuff in my room (some Chinese/Japanese symbols) and said he doesn't believe it works.

I am now looking at him, the Evangelist, of which he duly noted once again, who can barely stand because of hip problems that have flared up and his eyes look wild like he's on major pain medication. He then promptly showed me his biceps that he is proud of because he used to take steroids. Now, all the while I'm looking at him like, "You got to be kidding."!!!

He said there is no way that I just use my hands for healing.....he was sure I had a trick or tool. He could not fathom that people would benefit by lying on a massage table fully clothed with only another person's hands lightly touching them. I told him that the energy goes through everything. Then I said, "Doesn't prayer go through walls?" Mmmmm - he got quiet.

Looking at him, he's a dear soul, just one who is still asleep and stuck in the muddy illusion of 3D.

I think Spirit has other plans for me........life certainly is never boring. "On the road again" - oh there's Johnny again!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Darlin' I am just catching up after a very tiring couple weeks...this made me smile, which is saying something because I am TIRED!!! Your sense of humor and was you just flow are inspiring. I've missed this energy while I've been off tending to my parents. Thanks for the perspective.
Love,
L

Kristie said...

It is amazing how emotions can really tire us out. Having gone through the intense days with with both your parents medical situations, you DESERVE a tropical vacation lying on the beach, cool beverage, nothing but blue sky, warm sand and lots of sun, having that orange footed man by your side and napping in the breeze.
Ahhhhhh - Sending energy your way!
Love K